As we resume in-person corporate worship, we are committed to doing so with the utmost commitment to the health and safety of our congregation, our campus, and our community.
What to Expect
Summary of Safety Precautions
We are establishing the following guidelines to help us facilitate worship services in accordance with CDC, state and local guidance:
- In-person attendance will be limited to a total of 50 people in the Sanctuary 30 people in the Fellowship Hall.
- Because of limited seating, pre-registration is required to assure that a seat will be available. Only confirmed RSVP registrants will be allowed in service.
- Please bring and wear your own masks. Masks must be worn at all times by adults and children over the age of 2. If you do not already have one, we will provide one for you to use.
- Sanctuary, restrooms, foyer, will be thoroughly sanitized before and after every service.
- Hand sanitizer will be available.
- We will practice 6′ social distancing at all times, seated and otherwise. Household members will sit together.
- Our services will be touchless so unfortunately there will be no hugging, handshakes, elbow/fist bumps.
- Masked corporate singing and recitation will be permitted during service. Corporate singing will be limited to the end of the service, in accordance to guidance from the Illinois Department of Public Health.
- Speakers and worship leaders will be unmasked only when speaking from the pulpit or leading from the stage and will be spaced at least 10-feet away from all congregants.
- There will be no physical bulletins, Bibles, hymnals, connection cards, or paper and pen for taking notes. Visit our Online Bulletin to access our online bulletin.
- For the safety of all, please follow instructions of staff and welcome team.
- As weather permits, we will have Coffee & Connections (time for fellowship with others) in the TCBC parking lot, following health guidelines.
Registration, Arrival, and Departure
- Registration is required to attend for all attendees over the age of two. To keep social distancing requirements we can only allow a total of 50 people in the sanctuary 30 people in the fellowship hall.
- Registration will close Fridays at 12 pm CT, or whenever we reach capacity.
- If we reach capacity, you can sign up for a waiting list and we will be in touch if a slot opens up.
- If you cannot attend, please cancel your registration so that others can participate.
- No walk-in participants are allowed at this time.
- To accommodate new safety protocols, plan to arrive early so everyone can check in and be seated before the service begins. Check-in and seating could take approximately 5-10 minutes. Doors will open at 9:45 a.m.
- Limited parking is available for seniors or those with disabilities. For more information, click here.
- Seats will be marked for safe distance and pre-assigned. This means that during these services, you may not be able to sit where you did prior to COVID-19. Please follow the directions of staff.
- After the worship service, the ushers will dismiss you by rows. If you would like to visit with others who attended the service, please do so outside.
- There will not be an offering collection. Please continue to give your financial gifts online.
We recognize that while these guidelines may present us with some inconvenience, they are in place to help us “love our neighbor as ourselves” (Mark 12:31) and practice Gospel hospitality, wisdom, intentionality, and love in all our interactions with one another (1 Peter 4:8-10).
So as we figure this all out together, we ask that you show grace and love to one another as we start this process of gathering together to continue our mission to to see campus and community transformed by Christ to renew the world!